This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there anything else I can do?
02-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Is there anything else I can do?
12 days ago I was at the mall and I had my dog in my car and I opened my car door head something fall out I couldn't see anything so I went into the mall after a couple of minutes I came back to my car and my dog wasn't there I had security help me try to find him and then everyday I've been going to all the animal shelters in my area and posting ads on Facebook and stuff and I put up fliers but still no sign of my puppy he is really cute so I'm guessing someone just took him home but I want to know is there anything else I could possibly do at this point to try to get the word out?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:41 PM

I hope you've been checking several times a day with Animal Control (the county pound)? Don't call there ... GO there, and make sure you put eyes on EVERY dog in the place.

If your dog is licensed and/or microchipped, the ACOs will more than likely contact you to let you know that your dog has been recovered IF it has been. (Yes, you'll need to pay a fee to get your dog back ... the pound is not a free doggie hotel). If the dog is not licensed and/or chipped ... good luck. You're on your own. Even if the dog has been taken in by Animal Control, they're under no obligation to return your dog or make the effort to find you. If you fail to claim the dog in time (4 days in my county), the dog will be put up for adoption (if it's lucky) or euthanized.

You should (have) be/been definitely been blitzing Craigslist with ads containing all helpful information about the where/when/how your dog was lost, and include pics as well as a detailed physical description of the dog and any identifying information (collar, tags, markings, etc.) and you should ABSOLUTELY be offering a very generous reward for the safe return of your dog.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply