This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my computer will nt send messages or edit profile does it mean it has afacebook virus?
02-28-2013, 01:04 PM
my computer will nt send messages or edit profile does it mean it has afacebook virus?
i would like to edit my profile, send messages and view all friends but my computer cannot is that a facebook virus

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 01:07 PM

Hi Mercy,

You probably don't have a facebook virus. Facebook is full of bugs and glitches. I notice them more since i have switched from Windows to Mac software. Facebook is Linux based, I don't know the uber technical details but I think because of this people get problems. I definitely do not have a virus on my compy and facebook plays up with me, so don't worry too much.

By the sounds of it you don't have antivirus software on your computer or you would know if you had a virus. The only virus you can get would be on the computer itself rather than your Facebook account. I would be more concerned about phishing on your profile by bogus profiles.

If you are concerned you can download AVG or Avast antivirus software for free online. Though to be honest I have lost confidence in antivirus as an old copy of Norton 2002 picked up a Trojan on an MP3 that the paid recent version of AVG missed. I couldn't believe it.

If you have a virus on your computer I would advice wiping your hard drive, starting again and be careful what type of pages you visit. Avoid file sharing especially.

I would also report the problems to facebook so they can improve their software.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply