This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I broke up with my girlfriend, and she is SO fine about it. What?
02-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I broke up with my girlfriend, and she is SO fine about it. What?
We were together for 2 years, involved for 4. I was her first.
We did long distance for a year. I moved to be with her in college.
We lived together, and I hated it. I got involved in drinking a lot, and she didn't like that. A month ago, I broke up with her, and she moved out. She completely blocked me in every social media site, ignored my one phone call, and has not been by her dad's restaurant (where I work) since before we broke up. Basically, she has been missing in action.
Earlier this week, I saw her twice in one day. We talked a bit, and went on our way. The other night, I went to a party, and she showed up. (the party was at her new neighbor's apartment)
She looked amazing. She had obviously been working out, she was extremely nice, and was by far the classiest girl at the party. I hung out with her, and she acted as though everything was fine. If anything, it seemed like she was over me. She was SO chill. I am confused, because I know she has to still care about me. I mean we were together for years, and I was HER first, she wasn't mine. And normally I can tell when she is uncomfortable or being fake, but she really just seemed to treat me exactly like a friend. By the end of the night, I was trying to hug her and tell her how much she matters. But she was still SO relaxed. It didn't seem to phase her.

I called her the next morning from her parents' house (I am house sitting while they are out of town). She answered the phone, not knowing it was me. We flirted, I tried to get her to come over to "walk the dog", but she wouldn't, and eventually said in a flirty manner, "Okayyyyy, byeeee"..

How the heck is she so relaxed? I don't get it. I know her so well, but she just wasn't caving under my attention. What's going on, and what can/should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM

She has moved on. You should do the same.

Ads

02-28-2013, 01:22 PM

You dumped her and she is trying to be brace and showing she can cope without you and maybe she is just getting on with her life without you so why should she act any differently? Maybe she is relaxed because she has found someone else to love her? If it is over why do you want to be in her company?
02-28-2013, 01:29 PM

It sounds like you're a little disappointed that she isn't moping around heartbroken over you. You shouldn't do anything! You should be happy that she's over you! She's getting on with her life. That's what you want right? You broke up with her because you don't want to be with her, yet it sounds like you don't want her to move on..

Honestly I'd just be happy that she didn't turn into an emotional wreck and get depressed over the breakup. At least she's handling it maturely. Be happy for her and just let her move on. Smile