This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Online affairs, is the internet the means to the end for relationships?
02-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Online affairs, is the internet the means to the end for relationships?
Is flirting and sharing sexual fantasies online when you're in a relationship a common thing these days, and is it considered cheating if you never touch?

How many people do you think fall in to, or look for affairs online?

How many people have done it?

How many people cheated, are cheating or got cheated on this way?

What do you think causes people to do this? Or not do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Internet is making it easy to do bad things, but it also brings single people together for relationships. Guess there is good and the bad.

Ads

02-28-2013, 01:15 PM

If you're in a relationship, u shouldn't be doing that! i would be really mad if my boyfriend does that to me.
02-28-2013, 01:22 PM

You bring up a very good question. I am gonna star it and come bck to checkout the answers you get.
In my opinion yes..it has made cheating a much easier task.
Not to mention that morality is almost a thing of the past. People have sex with people like it is as simple as shaking someone's hand. (Sometimes, I think they struggle more with that than having casual sex.)
Facebook and other social media sites have given us means to stay in contact with people that left our lives for a reason.
Not to mention the idea of constant temptation.
Modern technology is not going anywhere so we pretty much have to embrace it or keep it out of our lives all together.
I do feel like "emotional affairs" are a way of being betrayed. When we turn to someone other than our spouse or other half for support..we are opening the door to end our current relationships.
It hurts just the same as when they actually share their genitals and it ruins trust.
What is a relationship without trust?
Nothing.
Personally I think it was better for a marriage when we just had landline telephones..but it is very hard to get used to that after having the convenience of a cell phone.
I wish you good luck..and complete faithfulness. ~Smile