This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone has experience of these "Work at home jobs".I heard they are frauds.?
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Does anyone has experience of these "Work at home jobs".I heard they are frauds.?
But has anyone worked and got salary too?These job's ads come up at social networking sites,at newspapers.
There's no fascination to work from home.I have too young kids who need attention.Also there is some financial crunch which forces me to find work.But cant leave home too.My husband stays out of city and I cant afford a housekeeper.
Actually what I'm asking is,has anyone EVER seen a genuine work from home company?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 01:25 PM

A general rule of thumb to life: If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is untrue. People rarely offer a free lunch.

Why would someone hire Americans at minimum wage for data entry when they can offshore to India for pennies an hour?

Ads

02-28-2013, 01:28 PM

I'd like to understand the fascination with working from home. I work from home as a copywriter for various websites and it's not easy. Requires a lot of discipline and time-management skills. Sitting in one's pajamas and doing little does not earn a paycheck nor is it glamorous. What I do is hard work and has tight deadlines.

Someone, anyone, enlighten me with this fascination of work from home. I enjoy what I do but I do real work compared to these scams.

EDIT:

Financial stress or otherwise, with two young children and no chance of getting a housekeeper or someone to assist with childcare, work from home jobs will not be useful. As I said, they require discipline, time management, and an ability to pay close attention to your work.

If you are consistently distracted by children the work will never get done. Even I have to leave to go to a coffee for a few hours to keep myself motivated and away from household distractions.
02-28-2013, 01:32 PM

be aware of 'work at home jobs' through computer or internet.

there are so many bogus companies

find a genuine one carefully.
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM

There are reputable companies that allow you to work at home. Depending on the size of your city you may even find telecommuter positions in your own town. But be aware that many of the jobs that emphasize "work at home" are scams. No matter what you do the important part to figure out first is do you want to be self employed or do you want to be employed. If your husband works FT at a job, they self employment may be advantagous from a tax standpoint. Conversely, if you don't keep good records, employment is what you want. ABC and NBC news did a couple of stories that are in the archives that gave company names of reputable employers who hire people to work from home FT and PT. I investigated this myself as I am not working currently so I can stay with my mother in her last few years and most were phone positions, you have to be available every weekend and they pay about $10/hr. Also, depending on the state you live in, some of these employers don't hire in all states due to unemployment benefits costs. If you want to be self employed be prepared to invest money. No matter if you bootstrap a small cottage business or if you do Herbalife (appx $5000 initial investment to make money) or Avon($10 sign up), you will need to spend some money. I know people in both these areas and the Herbalife Rep makes 150K/yr and the Avon Rep makes 90K/yr, but they are COMMITED to their products. You must be organized, a self starter and you will need to set priorities depending on your needs. But as the other individual stated if it promises the moon for very little work or money, it is most likely a scam.
02-28-2013, 01:50 PM

I work from home for 2 different companies and niether one is a get rich quick scheme they both require that you actually have to work this is one link you can email me and i will give you informaion on the other job. they are both free to join so it should be able to help you out once you get the hang of things

http://moreniche.com/join.html?w=120041&ttp=3