This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Question to all the Fans of Aamir Khan out there..?
02-28-2013, 02:10 PM
A Question to all the Fans of Aamir Khan out there..?
.. With the recent brutal gang-rape in Delhi, the entire nation has come together and our anger is not just against the case which has just happened, but it just casts an unblinking spotlight on one the ugliest issues our society is suffering from for a long time now. People from all walks of life, kids, youngsters, elders and even film-stars assembled to take out protests against such brutality which can happen to any woman in India. It has caused an uproar across the nation, on social media.. a sorta of an awakening.

Considering this happening and the way protests for stronger rape laws have gained momentum and demand for a stringent & exemplary punishment to the rapists of that 23 yr old girl is being carried out, weren't you expecting Mr. Aamir Khan (one of most successful Indian actors) to at least make a statement about the case? With his groundbreaking show, Satyamev Jayate, he had initiated to discuss the issues present in our society and with its viewership, had proved that "When Aamir speaks, every one listens."

He himself had said just prior to the show had begun being aired that "the job of an actor is to grace the society". Breaking the Bollywood mold by speaking against India's social ills, he had set himself out from the league of actors who consider "entertaining the audience" as their typical job. Now that he had become very much like one of the common men discussing the social issues of our society, wasn't there a duty of his, to come forward and join the protests? make demands for stronger rape laws? demanding stricter punishment to the rapists along with the nation? When many personalities from the B-town came out, he was nowhere to be seen.

I'm an ardent fan of Mr. Khan, but keeping aside my veneration & admiration towards him for a while, I was indeed expecting him to speak up regarding this particular case after his show during 2012. Rape is one the cruelest of evils !

What do you think? Please express.

Thank you & please maintain decency.
It is not a case of "his choice". But if he had initiated to discuss the issues on his show, and said that being a part of the society, it's our collective duty to think about these society's ailments, he should come up and speak against such atrocities. Post this show, and no response from him poses a question on him that "Whether he is practising what he preached?".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:16 PM

I think ur more worried about this actor than the rape or whatever is going on in ur country.

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Hmmm.....its his wish ..! If he wants to air that thing on his show ..moreover social evils like rape cant be eradicated from the society just by the anger of few people or big people condemning it....it takes ages ......so chill ...!!! And have a nice day ...!=)
02-28-2013, 02:20 PM

maybe he will, maybe he won't.

Not holding my breath - not cause I think he won't do it. Just that there are other things to think about and do.
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Well, he did make a sentence or 2 expressing his concern about the girl & his hope that the criminals would be punished soon as but that was a week or 2 weeks ago & then haven't heard much about him on news.
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM

Its nice he is away famous personality better stay away and support and raise question via mediaa like tv and internet.what he did by hosting satyamev jayate is not an easy task.talking in public about on topics like child molestation ,dowry n HONOUR killing is not easy as it seems .try talking about this kind of topics among ur friends you will understand.
when you are talking about dowry you are talking against a huge group who sill belive in demanding and giving dowry.the number of IDIOTS is too much in india .