This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I find welding work for my company?
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
How can I find welding work for my company?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Phone book under welding

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:28 PM

check the Internet under local welding companies.
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM

I am guessing you are a welder wanting more business as opposed to a customer looking for a welder.

Like any business you first have to maintain at least some form of advertising whether it is flyers or yellow page ad, etc. You can use a shotgun approach and blanket the whole community or you can determine your target market and concentrate in those areas. Like, construction companies or shipbuilders or whoever uses a welder on a daily basis and advertise to those individuals specifically. Gauge your results and try again if it doesn't work until you find what does.

I would imagine that you would need to do at least some networking as well. Is there a welder's union or construction union that you can join? I would also suggest any civic or social groups since company owners tend to be part of those groups and they are the people who will be making buying decisions. You never know who might need a welder who is working at the soup kitchen or building a house at Habitat for Humanity!