This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I block a FRIEND from messaging me on facebook?
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Can I block a FRIEND from messaging me on facebook?
Facebook is always changing the settings on what we can and cant do. Now that this new message filtering system is in place I cant figure out how to block a person I'm friends with on facebook, from messaging me! Is there a way???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:19 PM

You can either a) appear offline to just them or b) block them totally or c) delete them,
If a is your option on the chat box you will see a little simble that looks like this * click it and click appear offline if b go on account settings privacy then blocking if c i'm sure you know how to delete!

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:23 PM

yup
02-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Not without actually blocking them altogether. If you blocked someone then that means they cannot see you at all on Fb and therefore can't message you. Otherwise, if you don't want to do that then you can just not read their messages but rather delete them, and eventually they will stop messaging you altogether. But even if you appear offline to them, they can still send you messages.
02-28-2013, 02:33 PM

no, you cannot prevent them from messaging you if they are on your friends list