This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you get back with an ex after a break up?
02-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Can you get back with an ex after a break up?
She is 24, I am 25. We were together 3 years. She left me about a year ago. Fought a lot, she decided she wanted to be alone. So she moved out. She started randomly texting me over the last 2 months. Not about getting back together but she feels the need to tell me she DOESNT and has not had a boyfriend since we broke up a year ago but then says she really likes being alone in her apartment and she doesnt go out, just works and sit at home with her cat...I've asked her to meet up twice over the last couple months. Both times she didn't do it. What the hell is going on? Why is she all the sudden texting me after 8 months of silence (and no she didn't have a bf, I would check her facebook now and then to see if she did) ? Why does she feel the need to tell me she hasnt messed around or dated a guy since me but then tell me how much she likes being alone considering I didn't mention guys or anything like that. Hypothetically if we got back together, do you think it could work or would it end up the same way? Opinions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:20 PM

just because nothing was on facebook doesnt mean she didnt do anything but yall wernt together anyways but i can see where your coming from me personally i know i couldnt do it becuase it would feel like she or he cheated regardless if yall were together those 8 months or not becuase yall end up being back together.. you see what i mean??? just guard yourself dont push nothing if it happens it happens.. good luck

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:22 PM

She could be trying to save face by telling you that she is quite content being on her own. It could be as simple as that since she was the one who broke it off. I would not jump to conclusions thinking that she misses you terribly and is trying to get back. However, there is obviously something about you that has drawn her back. Unless of course she is completely messed up in the head and is into game playing. Some men and women are like that.

The both of you have a history together. Reconnecting with you is interesting but it might not mean anything more than wondering how you have been doing and what you've been up to for the past 8 months.

I remember one of my girlfriends who broke up with me on of all days, Valentine's Day. I even got a card from her telling me how much she loved me. After breaking up she still wanted me to join her at her 21st birthday party with parents and all. It was three weeks later. How does someone cut a guy in half and then invite him to her birthday party? Go figure.

"Hypothetically if we got back together, do you think it could work or would it end up the same way? "

This depends entirely on much you both have grown emotionally. I will tell you one thing I would do. Keep the sex out of the equation. I'm assuming you were intimate with each other. You want to know if you each have matured and are compatible. Hopping into the sack will just mess things up. You'll both be thinking with something other than your heads if you hop in the sack again.
02-28-2013, 02:26 PM

So you don't want to try? Then don't ! If you do, text her back, start all over with the knowledge you have with her and don't make the same mistakes. Not saying who's fault it was. But maybe she does want you back and she is not sure if you want her back. she might feel guilty to. but if you do have feelings don't stop texting or talking let her no you will put this all behind you and that the two of you can move on, together, Let her no you do care for her. I say go for it. But never bring up the past! I find out that never good. Live life now not in the past.
02-28-2013, 02:32 PM

It might be that she does want to get back together with you but first of all she wants to see some sort of change in you. Of course it is possible to get back together after a break up with an ex, but you both need to 'get real' and avoid playing games - think about the issues that caused you to break up and if they can be solved then there's no reason why it could not work out. But you need to work on your communication together.
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM

Give her space. It's really difficult but it's kind of the only way that will make her miss you. No girl can just forget a guy that she has dated for two years. You will most likely always have a place in her heart. Don't worry about being placed in the "friend zone" because yall had been together for so long that you both would have a hard time looking at each other as just friends. Or you could always go on a date with another girl. Just have a good time to get your mind off of you ex and to make your ex a little jealous. hope this helps!