This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there anyway to not let my mom see some of my facebook posts?
02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Is there anyway to not let my mom see some of my facebook posts?
My mother thinks she's cool and comments on my status/pictures to my friends and is there any way to hide them from her. There nothing bad or anything just I want a little tiny privacy from Facebook..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM

when ur about to post a status theres a thing underneath it that says people who view your facebook status u should have one of these: public, only me, friends, or friends of friends. you click on friends then write the name of the people you dont want viewing ur status so write your moms name in that bar and press ok now she wont see what u post!

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:45 PM

There's an icon next to your name/area you live in if the are you live in is there, if not there's a little icon near your name... it may look like a star or a friend icon click on that, then click custom, it will say "don't share this from with a red x" then type her name in...this applies to certain posts not all of them which is cool. let me know if it works. The area you post a status in, there's an icon there too, click custom, then it says "don't share this from" with a red x behind it, same way as if it were under your name then type in mom's name. Then you change it when you dont mind what posts she sees by clicking on the icon the clicking friends.
02-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Mmmm. I get ya, Luckily for me my mom doesn't even attempt to make a facebook account. I think you should be more honest and just tell her how you feel. Your mom wants to feel young again and maybe facebook gives her that badass teenager feeling lolol. I think she will understand if you do it that way.
02-28-2013, 02:59 PM

When you're going to post a status:
1. Click the 'public' button.
2. Select 'custom'.
3. Type your mums name in the 'Don't share this with' box.
Smile
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM

There's an option in the status bar where you can customize who can look at it and who cant
02-28-2013, 03:10 PM

add her to your restricted list
02-28-2013, 03:12 PM

kill her so she can't use Facebook.