This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Question About High School Reunions....Attending or Not ?
02-28-2013, 03:01 PM
A Question About High School Reunions....Attending or Not ?
I was a popular kid in school and I had a great time and have wonderful memories. I went to my 10 year reunion and had fun and enjoyed seeing everyone, but I have had no interest in attending any of the others. I’ve only remained friends or in contact with one person, occasionally running into a person here or there, since high school and no one else, not because I didn’t care about them it’s just that we all went our different ways and for those of you old enough, you know how it goes/is.

Someone just checking email addresses for a reunion being planned for next year just recently contacted me. She was friendly and asking the usual 3rd degree type questions, which I only partially answered. I wasn’t trying to be rude, but I figure we haven’t been in contact or in each others lives for years, it’s really none of your business. I’m kind of a private person. Due to her sending out an email checking addresses and referencing a reunion, some people have been seeking me out, usually through a family member who is on the social media sites like FB, which I don’t care to join, so their information is forwarded to.

So basically I want to know, have you ever NOT wanted to attend your high school reunion(s) and why not (other then you had a bad time in school…)? And what do you tell people if asked? What are you thoughts on not attending?
*** Thanks Ted, no I'm not part of the LGBT community and thanks for the FYI, I appreciate it. I'm not dodging anybody, I'm really just not interested in going. Sure I'm curious what people might look like now and things like that; but I could really careless what their kids look like or are doing...blah blah blah, you know what I mean.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:06 PM

Your question landed in Home >
All Categories >
Society & Culture >
Cultures & Groups >
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered >

The urban legend is a disgruntled Yahoo! programmer made LGBT the default for questions the automatic category picker dithered over. I suspect you didn't notice. If you are LGBT and don't want to come to the reunion for fear people will mock you, this is the proper category; otherwise, it isn't. I'm not the category police; I just hate to see people shopping for cheese in a hardware shop.

I didn't want to attend my 20th, so I didn't. All I said was "No". I was on the search committee for the 25th, 30th and 35th. Each time I served, I ran into at least one person who told me
1) They had had such a bad time they would never attend a reunion
2) It was a waste of time to contact them again

Other members of the committee did too. We crossed them off the list.

We usually have 100 - 150 people attend, 1/3 of them non-member spouses, out of a total of 400 or so possibles.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply