This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help! What to do for technology trends that are likely to impact on libraries in future report?
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Help! What to do for technology trends that are likely to impact on libraries in future report?
How should I best outline the technology trends of: social networking and mobile technology trends that are likely to impact on libraries over the next five years, in a report?
I'd appreciate all ideas, suggestions and info Smile Anything to get me thinking.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:13 PM

Well, you will have to include the digital versions of books and the e-readers that are now sweeping our country. It has and will continue to have a huge impact on libraries. I own a Kindle, but there are many ways to download and read e-books out there today. That technology, to me, is going to have the greatest impact on libraries in the future. Maybe they will become the actual storehouse of real books, as they disappear from other environments and are replaced by digital copy.

Even though the e-reading craze is just taking off in the Western world, in Japan, for example, schoolchildren have been using them for many years instead of school text books. They are much easier to carry, maintain, and update, than the real thing.

I am not a social networking guru, so, hopefully, someone else will volunteer some information on that portion of your project.

If you need writing assistance, I do have a website which has all of the instructional links, tips, and shortcuts I acquired through answering these questions on Yahoo Answers. I put everything there in one place, so students could go and get whatever they needed for their assignments.

It is a small website, easy to navigate, and there are absolutely no ads:

http://users.wowway.com/~amerimama/index.html

I highly recommend the instructional links in red on the writing links pages. Take a look around and bookmark the site for future assignments, also.

Good luck to you and have fun on your project!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply