This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my Facebook so slow?
02-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Why is my Facebook so slow?
I'm unsure whether it's my internet or just my laptop.
It takes forever to load things on my Facebook and I can barely type stuff on there. Especially in the chat, if I type too fast, it doesn't come up or it doesn't respond. and it takes ages just to write a message. it's sooo frustrating. But any other site like Tumblr, Google, Habbo etc is normal.
I own an Acer Aspire 5560G (8GB DDR3 memory) and i've got 7.47GB usable.
According to speedtest.net, my Ping is 40ms, my download speed is 0.69Mbps and my upload speed is 0.89Mbps.
I'm with Adam Internet. is it just Facebook, my computer or my internet?
Also, how could I fix it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Its Something With your Connection or Computer Because Facebook On my End Runs Fast

Ads

02-28-2013, 03:28 PM

It might be your computer if it takes time to print the typed texts on the screen. I use to have the same problem on my PC now I have a personal laptop. That PC was my test subject. I used to do many experiments on that PC Big Grin. It got virus i think. Whenever I typed it would take forever to print the text on the screen. Took very long to respond. Programs didn't responded. So I completely restored it but still its living dead. You can browse the internet but can't download anything.

From now on whenever its about computer always say how old it is and how occupied. Add as much as detail information as you can.

So, uninstall as much as programs you can ( If you have an old back up data restore your computer you can download programs after you restored your computer or back it up on an SD card.) Remove unnecessary files
After the job is done try running a full scan on your computer. No anti - virus? Sorry
NOTE: Sometime facebook can respond slowly because its not always the same. The server can get packed sometimes and sometimes very free.

The reason can be all! Your internet, your computer, facebook. 0.69 Mbps is slow .__.