This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do hackers gain by hacking accounts and computers?
02-28-2013, 03:25 PM
What do hackers gain by hacking accounts and computers?
A bunch of my friends on facebook have been hacked
what does a hacker gain by hacking into facebook accounts?
I guess for computers its just that they can get financial information or something but yeah

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:35 PM

psh not a lot. they can get some information off you're computer but other than that, nothing really.

Ads

02-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Your talking about the latest Facebook Virus KoogFace.Worm.Win32

The hacker gains alot actually, in the world of hackers the more computers you have under control (if you've been hacked Facebook wise you probably have virus on your computer)

KoogFace (name of virus) is a Worm that spread like wildfire throughout facebook, if infected you should clean with maybe a free trial of Kaspersky

The maker of the virus doesn't want Facebook accounts for anything other than the effect to spread more of the worm around what the maker really wants is control.

When you're hacked by the worm your computer is now under his control and if he gets, say, 10,000 computers he can use them to break in "brute force" a website that he wants to log in to or just shut down. When your infected and under control your computer (in the hacker world) is called a "zombie".

Hope this explains, as a first hand security technician I've research and found this worm out. Its hard to trace it, the hacker is good.

Anyways if I answered your question give me five stars please Smile

-Myworldplz