This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My desktop background will not change, what do i do?
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
My desktop background will not change, what do i do?
I have a inspiron dell and i've tried everything to change my background. It will only change solid colors but not anything things else. How can i get it to change?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Hello, I am Nitika from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

Please follow the instructions below to fix the background image issue.

1.Click Start, paste the following text into the search box, and then press Enter

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\
2.Right-click the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file, and then click Rename.
3.Change the file name to TranscodedWallpaper.old, and then click yes when you are prompted.
4.If slideshow.ini is listed, double-click this file. Slideshow.ini should open in Notepad. Select all the text in slideshow.ini if any exists, and then press Delete on the keyboard.
5.On the File menu, click Save.
6.Close Notepad.
7.Close the Windows Explorer window, and then browse to the picture that will be set as the background image.
8.Try to apply a background picture again.

If in case you do face any challenges in the process, please feel free to contact me directly by sending me an email or by through a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum and if in incase any specific contact details need to be shared..

Thanks & Regards
DELL_NITIKA_K
Dell Social Media Responder

Ads

02-28-2013, 03:52 PM

Hello Hannah,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. If your system has the Windows 7 starter edition, it does not include personalization features such as change desktop background, Desktop Slideshow, Screen Saver, and Windows Color and Appearance.

However, to add these features, try the steps mentioned in http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/472...arter.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities