This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there something wrong with my Galaxy S3 battery?
02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Is there something wrong with my Galaxy S3 battery?
It's been running on battery after being fully charged for 10 hours and 10 minutes, with only 1 hour and 45 minutes of screen-on time (using Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, browsing pictures on Instagram) , and is already at 42% battery at 3:43 pm.
Isn't the S3 is supposed to have crazy awesome battery life? Is there something defective with my phone, or is this pretty normal?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM

It is normal to have bad battery life on an Android phone... Sorry bud Sad
If you get any info answer my most recent question xD

Ads

02-28-2013, 04:15 PM

That's not entirely normal, in my experience. But a lot also depends on the other factors. Here are a few:

Cellular signal strength. If your phone is receiving a weak signal, it will boost it's own power usage to try to maintain a connection to the signal.

WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, and 4G usage. each of these is a radio using a separate system and having it's own power requirements. If you have all of these turned on at once, it can tend to drain the battery a little faster.

Screen time-out. The longer you have your screen set to stay on, the more battery it uses. Check your display settings and change the time-out back to one minute or thirty seconds. You don't need to have the screen stay on for ten minutes in most cases.

Battery charging habits. If you leave your phone on a charger after it is fully charged, you are doing your battery a disservice. The more time a fully charged battery remains attached to a charger, the faster the battery degrades. A battery that is degrading will swell up, and will rapidly lose the ability to store power. A failed battery will go down to nothing very quickly.

There are after-market batteries available for this phone. There are external battery packs that you can use to extend the battery life. But if it were me, I'd take the phone to my carrier's store and ask them to look at it.
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

I must say this is weird. I have this phone and it works pretty good - I am a heavy user (all day games, wi-fi etc. etc.) - the battery holds almost all day, but I did bought a spare battery tho. ;D At least for this phone it IS POSSIBLE to change battery, unlike some other..