This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Ps vita worth the buy?
02-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Is the Ps vita worth the buy?
Im about to get the Ps vita and i want to know if its worth the buy not the 3g version but the wi fi version

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM

Well I don't think so at its current state mostly because of the poor list of games right now just wait until a few really good games that aren't ports start coming out then think about getting it

Ads

02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

It really depends on your opinion of its current game lineup and the price of its memory cards.

I think both are a complete joke right now, honestly...............
02-28-2013, 04:28 PM

I think it's worth the price considering the amount of tech you get , there are not as many games as a lot of people would like yet but what new console has a lot of great games in the first year anyway ?
If you look at other consoles , ps3 , xbox , wii or anything else they did not have the late amount of games at launch or a large number of quality games for at least 12-18 months either , at least the vita is getting the games now ( black ops , assassins creed , little big planet , a lot of ps1 classics and psp games being made psvita compatible and more added all the time ) and for anyone that has playstation plus on their ps3 or have purchased ps3 games that were cross buy they get a lot the best games right away free for vita so you'll get a lot of quality games and by the time you finish them the vita should have a lot more out ( by next spring the vita will probably have a lot more game than today )

the vita youtube app is a lot better than the ps3 one , its the same as you'd get on any android device , and the vita has apps for e-mail , twitter , facebook , foursquare , netflix , skype . basically all the standard social networking apps ) and a pretty nice camera ( front and rear cameras , for pics and video ) , plus takes in game screen shots etc. so has a lot of cool features .

I bought my vita just a month ago and have played it a ton , black ops declassified , metal gear HD collection and some ps3 cross buy games like zen pinball 2 and hustle kings are nice games on the vita and being able to use remote play and sit outside on the deck playing a ps3 game using the vita is great .
Plus I use it for youtube , skype and party chat a lot too , sometimes more than games .
the other good thing is connecting onto a friends wifi and playing online multiplayer games with him ( via cross play ) which is like playing split screen but also online , me on the vita and him on his ps3 .

The wifi only version is good enough for most users , I don't want to pay $50 a month extra for 3 gigs of 3g usage ( it expires in 30 days even if unused and you have to buy month by month ) but if having that is important to you and the cost is not too much then the 3g does allow you to play online even if you can't get wifi ( I play online anyway by sitting at the local coffee shop and using their free wifi or tether off a cell phone or laptop wifi usb dongle I already am paying for , no use paying again just to use it on a psvita - or I use wifi at friends when I need to )
the 3g version also has one feature the wifi only version doesn't , gps location tracking so you can get a few apps that need gps and a few games that use it , nothing that great bit it's a bonus feature .

You need to buy a case and screen protector right away , the screen will get scratched fast if you don't ,but the psvita has a lot of options for that , even kits that some with those all in one plus have cases for memory cards and game cards
If you have psn plus an 8 gig or larger memory card will be wanted , but the 4 gig included in the black ops bundle is enough for a while .
02-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Not how it is now. Sure the tech is awesome and it's pretty, but games are kinda lacking. Unless you see a real eye popper, hold out on it a little longer.
02-28-2013, 04:36 PM

NO it is trash but if you want buy it but i think its trash just get like the ipod 5 or somethin .. better