This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who can you send messages to on twitter?
09-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Who can you send messages to on twitter?
I'm trying to send a direct private message to a person I'm following on twitter but when I click to choose who I want to send it to nobody shows up. What do I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 12:55 PM

The person should be following you, then you can send him/her a direct message.

Ads

You can't send a message to someone your following, the only way you can send someone a message is if they are following you.

Hi you can only send direct messages to people who follow you back
you will have to use @username /your message' here'

Hi,

The drop down box on the direct message inbox page (please note: this is a random selection of people who are following you, not the complete list.)

So you could use the d commond.

to reply to a regular Twitter update with a direct message from your home page, click the arrow/swoosh at the end of an update; this sets an @reply in the update box. Remove the '@' sign and replace it with a "d" and a space, and type the message. People who have their direct message text and email notifications set to ON will receive direct messages on their phones and/or via email. Tweets sent using any of the methods described above are not public: only author and recipient can view direct messages.