This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to study for college?
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
how to study for college?
Anyone got any study advise for me? I started yesterday and I have a history of getting bored of studying and not holding on to information due to boredom. How can I focus better and grasp material during study time?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM

You fail, and studying further will cost you 3000$ for half year. You need good grades, or big wallet.

Ads

02-28-2013, 05:22 PM

Study every single day. Do not wait until the day before a test to review. Periodic review is the key to academic success. Good luck!
02-28-2013, 05:23 PM

Well, first you need motivation. That's a personal thing, so you'll have to figure that out on your own.

Second, create a space/situation that allows you to study.
1) Eliminate distractions and interruptions. Turn off the TV, phone, computer/social media/etc.
2) Take frequent, but short, breaks. Look up Pomodoro. It helps me a lot when I'm easily distracted. Never study for longer than an hour without taking a break.
3) Break up assignments into smaller pieces. I also like to do a bit of one subject, then do a bit of another. Keep alternating between your classes as you study.
4) Caffeine, but only in small doses. No more than 1 cup of coffee or two cups of tea in any 3 hour span. Any more will make you jittery and easily distracted.
5) Change up your location. Study for an hour or two at the library, then an hour or two at a coffee shop, then at home, etc.
6) Use music to help you focus. White noise is awesome. I will also turn on classical or instrumental music to help me study (nothing with lyrics).
7) Do some light cardio before studying. This gets your heart rate up and allows you to focus better. Just don't do a heavy workout or you'll be too fatigued.
8) Don't eat a big meal before studying. It makes you drowsy.
9) Finally, block out specific blocks of time for studying. Make it a job, you can't skip it!