This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of facebook hack?
02-28-2013, 05:16 PM
How to get rid of facebook hack?
I have a virus or something on facebook and its sending things to random people and saying "whoh! what were you doing in this video?" and its very annoying because most the people are the ones i don't want to talk to!! its bad WHAT DO I DO?!?!!? i don't want to download any spyware or anything, is there a simple way to do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:19 PM

Either two things have happened. They have stolen your password and are spamming other people. Or, more likely, you have malware on your computer spamming your friends. First step, download Malware Bytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Update and run a full scan, remove anything it finds. If nothing is found, it is safe to change your password.

Ads

02-28-2013, 05:21 PM

create a very good password for facebook... use even 2 or 3 short passwords combined to create a long one.

change it every few months....

for ex:
my password is "mycatsname.afewnumbers.bestfriendsname.fewmorenumbers.

never had a virus on facebook...

it doesnt hurt to have a virus scanner on your computer... most the time the virus's are just on facebook...

a good free antivirus for windows is "avg antivirus"
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM

I think you can just simply login to your account, go to your personal/account setting and change your password. You can also before that temporarily change your date of birth as it is sometimes a security check to help users login. I hope that helps.
02-28-2013, 05:27 PM

Change your Password and It Should Shut Down The hacker
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM

if you have APPs on facebook, try checking them, if you don't like app on facebook remove them.

plus

change your password.

Password and Security Question...

Strong Password is most important part so don't forget that, search on google for "How to Creat Strong Password" and I'm sure you'll find how in many sites.

and don't add answers to your security questions on facebook 'cause if some one is trying they'll find out sooner or later.
there are tools for hacking facebook but strong password will not let that happen.

hope this helps
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM

You will need to get the security firewall and the antivirus program. Clean up your computer and make sure to change your password monthly since hackers are able to find out by taking random bits of your information and guess the password correctly.

Also change your email address and username.

Good luck!