This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Droid X wifi connection Prolems! HELP!?
02-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Droid X wifi connection Prolems! HELP!?
up until two days ago my wifi connection was doing fine and then all of a sudden it stopped working. it shows connection and tells me "connection Detected" but when i try to go on the browser or access an app that requires internet it says "no connection" or network error. i tried disconnecting the router and turning off my phone and i think that helped a little bit because i can go on the browser and watch videos on Youtube but i cant log in on facebook or access the play store because it tells me "no connection". i cant find the problem and i really don't want to factory data reset my phone. help please!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM

if the router has a password now, this will hinder WIFI abilities on a smartphone. Some apps will works, but 90% will not.....

Since you already rebooted the phone and router (good troubleshooting btw!), You last 2 options to see if its the router or phone or app is by doing this......

download install WIFI manager from Playstore.. ITs free.... reboot phone and router again for good measure.... use WIFI Manager to connect.... if there is a password on your router now, WM will tell you!!! Work now?????

If not, and the phone still connects to other WIFI hotspots, then you have major router issues..... consult your ISP

IF not, and the phoen wont connect to ANY wifi hotspots at all, then you have phone issues..... do a master factory reset. It will wipe all data off the phone. SD card wont be touched... Work now??? If not, get a new phone cause your wifi attena has died.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply