This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Urgent help! I am from Zimbabwe and I have a problem with my mental state !!!?
02-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Urgent help! I am from Zimbabwe and I have a problem with my mental state !!!?
I have been already to doctors outside my country it helped me a bit but not enough. My family cant afford any treatment because we got a bill to pay and here in my country there is no such thing as "mental health". Also I am alergic to meds so you guys are my last resort.

Please, dont laugh at me I beg you.
I am really scared to be among people because I believe they can harm me in some way. I know not all people are bad but some are. I am scared they look at me with "an evil eye" and something bad happen to me. Or they wish me bad luck or something bad to me. Or they say to me "oh you have nice hair, i envy you" and touch me I freak out a lot. Also I am scared to have any profile like in facebook because some people see my pictures and look at me with "an evil eye"

I know I have to go out and be able to have some job but being among people scares me a lot and I have a bad anxiety because of this and scared to leave my house because some people could harm me with their thoughts.

My questions is can people harm me by wishing me bad luck, or put "an evil eye" on me or with their thoughts ??
If yes how can I protect myself ? Should I use any amulet or something ??

Please help, I am so scared and desperate :'(

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM

No people can not harm you by wishing you bad luck or giving you an "evil eye"..
unless...you believe it does.

it seems as if your culture believes in this nonsense ,and keeping it away by an amulet...but the truth is there is no such thing as an evil eye or wishing bad luck upon you trust me.

once you stop believing that people are evil and will harm you..the anxiety will go away...
a good way to help is by meditating and being in a relaxed state and visualize and repeat to yourself affirmations that no one can hurt you and that this paranoia you have is not rational.

i'm only 15 years old but what i said is common knowledge and i hope i helped

Ads

02-28-2013, 05:54 PM

No one can harm you with their thought, or the 'evil eye', in reality you shape your own future and what happens to you, unless its some sort of disease. You should really go out, and begin talking to people little by little. Look at the positive attributes the person has and you will begin to learn that many people are good. Also as for someone saying they envy you, those are just words which can cause no harm. If they find you beautiful or attractive you should feel good they are looking at the positives you have. Just have a more positive outlook and you should be fine.
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM

I am sorry to hear you can't get professional help with this because it is helpful to have some other perspective. It must be very distressing. However what you already have is another perspective because part of you is already thinking this could be my mental health. Maybe this is just the way I am interpreting things because I am very anxious.

The way people are helped psychological to deal with this kind of problem is to sit back from it and take a more scientific perspective.

I try to get people to gather evidence for 2 different theories

Therory a might be;

Some people have the power to do bad things to me just by looking at me and giving me the evil eye

Therory b might be

I am worried that people might do bad things to me but actually this is a anxiety problem.

Have a think about collecting evidence for these two possibilites. Maybe you have someone you do trust who could help you with this.

What objective evidence do you have to support theory a is there any scientific evidence to say people really have such powers I've never come across any proof.

If someone wanted to do something bad to you they would have to have a motive. Can you think why someone would have a motive

What evidence supports theory b

Is there something else that explains these experiences

Have you experienced lots of stress or trauma in your life could it be that causing it. Made you feel anxious about everyone. I know Zimbabwe hasn't been a very safe place these last few years maybe this is the real problem.