This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people get so butthurt when you talk about real world issues on facebook?
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Why do people get so butthurt when you talk about real world issues on facebook?
They don't even back up their anger with a counter-argument. I'll post a long winded essay on whatever it is that is on my mind at the time, usually questioning serious issues that are largely ignored, especially by the millennial generation. People will respond with a single sentence, usually expressing their distataste for anything that might shatter their world-view, because they themselves are supreme hypocrites and feel attacked even though I am just generalizing, but it's clear they didn't even read the whole damn post. They just automatically assume I am being cynical, when in reality I am just speaking my mind and trying to raise awareness among my peers. Why is it that facebook is only used to stroke ones ego? I could post a stupid quote, or say something completely egotistical and get 20 likes, but once I get real for a minute I get shit on as if I'm some kind sociopathic thought police spokesman. It just blows my mind how badly people want to walk around with their head up their ass. It makes me feel like intelligence is actually shunned in today's society. All I want is to have meaningful conversations about meaningful things, but everyone else just wants to talk about sex drugs and rock and roll. I like sex drugs and rock and roll as much as the next guy, but I also like to exercise my brain every once in a while and people seem to really really hate that. I just don't get it.
Menard K, yeah I hear ya. People avoid me now too because I talk to much I guess and it hurts their brains to put forth any more effort than it would take to turn on the television and veg out. I actually got rid of facebook for a good 6 months, but am back on again to promote my band. Since i don't like talking about myself a whole lot I post about things I observe and people just want nothing to do with it. Sick sad world indeed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Me personally I don't do FarceB00k

& Ya, I can dig it, I'm not invited to anybodies parties anymore
because everybody gets all shocked & freaked out when I tell
them that NO airliners were hijacked on 9/11/2001

oh well .... its a sick sad world!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply