This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I get so jealous easily?
02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Why do I get so jealous easily?
I honestly feel pathetic. I'm 14 and my boyfriend of 1 year talk on the phone nearly every night, except when one of us is busy. He couldn't talk tonight which was no big deal, but I saw on Facebook he went to some girl's house tonight and he posted a picture. She's really pretty and for some reason I got mad! I shouldn't have, that's so hypocritical considering I hang out with guy friends alone.
Can I get over my jealousy? I feel like a loser and my feelings don't even make sense! Sorry, this probably just sounds like your typical overdramatic teenagr girl rant, lol.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 06:32 PM

just have more confidence in yourself im 35 and still get jealous even when i know my husband loves me. let him know i told my husband how i feel when he hangs out with other girls when im not their and he understood and tryed not to make me feel bad, so talk to him and you may feel better but its ok to be jealous

Ads

02-28-2013, 06:34 PM

I would get jealous over that & i've been with my boyfriend 3 years. I don't think it's really appropriate for guys to hang out with a girl alone (or the other way around).

But every relationship is different and has different limits and "rules" per say. So I think unless you would be willing not to hangout with guys alone, then you really have not right to be angry when he does the same.
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM

You get jealous because you are human. I would be jealous, too. I remember when my husband and I were dating, I was in my late 20s/early 30s, I'd still feel weird if there was an odd night where we didn't talk on the phone.
And...my husband sometimes gets jealous of my male friends at work, which is super silly because we work together in the same office!
Just talk to your boyfriend about it if it makes you feel better. You are really pretty yourself but I understand feeling like everyone else in the world is prettier, I still struggle with self esteem at times now and did a TON as a teen.
Give yourself a break. Smile