This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any good sites/ideas to help find a lost cat?
02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Any good sites/ideas to help find a lost cat?
What are some great sites to post info regarding a lost cat? We've called the Humane Society, posted on Craigslist and Facebook, put an ad in the paper, and passed out flyers. I know there are probably some good sites out there I can post info on, so any advice would be helpful!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 06:54 PM

Is he/she a fixed cat?...it might have gone for a long roam for a few days, could be months as well, but i hope he/she comes back, best wishes xxxx.

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:01 PM

Make sure you've let all the neighbors know the cat is missing, and left a flier with all vets for a several mile radius, too. Newspapers often run lost-and-found ads free for a few days.

There are usually SEVERAL animal shelters in a city, plus rescues. Make sure to google animal shelters, animal rescues, etc. in your city and call all of them. Ask if they know of any other place the cat could be, too.

Many lost cats are found in the neighbor's garage a few days later. They sneak in, the door goes down, the cat is trapped. I recommend going a few houses down the street each way and across the street and asking them to check their garage or crawl space if they have been accessible in the time frame the cat has been missing.

Finally, head here https://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=26 if you want some more advice. It's a pets-and-animals discussion forum and it has rescuers, animal cops, vets, breeders, trainers, and a bunch of people that just love animals. They can help. :-)

In the meantime, make sure you have at least one item of your clothing, that smells of you, outside your house. Front and back would be best. Cats can get freaked out and "stupid" and not realize that it's their home. The clothes help the cats ID the house and stick around.