This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does my computer have a virus?
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Does my computer have a virus?
So I downloaded a software few days ago & then i uninstalled it coz it wasnt what i was looking for. & now when i open youutube there are random ads on the sides that i dont remember being there before. Does this mean I have a virus? :|

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:30 PM

Did you clean up the pc windows registry before and after uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Installing or reinstalling a new copy over an old copy can cause problems with some complex software and requires registry clean up. This article can help: http://zardozz.com/zz/2010/11/a-perfect-...ller.html/ Invalid entries in the dynamic link library (DLL) section of the registry can cause serious application failures.

Download a good registry cleaner that will scan detect and fix errors in your pc registry so it can keep you from having these typically frustrating and confusing DLL nightmares. When these conflicts occur it takes up cpu time for the pc to sort out causing the symptoms you see. The free versions of any good registry cleaner software is often enough to take care of these problems. If the problems are more complicated to fix you might need a pro or upgrade version. Try a free version first! I hope this info helps.

There is also a good site on how to uninstall software properly at: http://uninstallmysoftware.com/review-se...y-cleaner/

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:35 PM

No, it doesn't it means youtue got new ads that pays more than old ones. On my computer that happened on facebook and some forums Smile

If you use google chrome you can allways block ads by right clickim them and clicking don't display that AD.
02-28-2013, 07:36 PM

It could be... Scan your PC with some powerful security program. Like MSE or Avast, which is free.
02-28-2013, 07:43 PM

no but to be sure download this and scan your computer
02-28-2013, 07:47 PM

Probaly not. If youre really worried, then run a virus scan. If these ads happen to be p-rn, then get worried. Run a virus scan and report the bad ads to Youtube.