This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you mind much if the internet was made unusable in entirety by global viruses?
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Would you mind much if the internet was made unusable in entirety by global viruses?
These global viruses made me wonder about how I'd feel if none of us had the internet and we had to use our old methods of communicating and doing business. It's weird to think about it.
What kind of impact would absolutely no more internet mean for you?

Thanks for your answer!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:43 PM

It would cause massive problems and headaches. Today's world is a connected world. When the connectivity breaks, people will not be happy.

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Honestly, not so much. I used to read two books a week, but since I've been online I'm down to one.
Without the net, I'd probably regain a few IQ points.
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM

I think the idea of being able to revert back to an Internet-free world would be nice. However, I think our world has grown accustomed to the convenience of the Internet, and many critical processes and systems have been developed based on it. It would definitely be hard for us to go without it.

On a personal level, it's not a life or death kind of thing to not be able to go online, but it would be sad and inconvenient, especially since communicating with friends from other parts of the world won't be as easy anymore.
02-28-2013, 08:03 PM

World top companies also makes viruses for their grouth in IT. Find each and everyone doing these and kill all . Its very difficult but only that must do to run computers globally today.
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

I've logged on,
been blogged on
and wandered the web,
but I find my enthusiasm
is starting to ebb.
I despise the cellphone,
my home phone,
and most of T.V.,
so being incommunicado
would be luxury to me.
Still love George Norrie
and late night radio,
but some of those crazies
have just got to go.
Okay,so I've raved now,
I guess I'm a vamp,
so write me a letter
if you can still afford a stamp.
02-28-2013, 08:11 PM

I've lived without the internet most of my life, but living off campus I really rely on it to stay connected. Facebook is a big part of that. It allows me to come home every night and study while keeping in touch with people on campus.

Conversely, I think I could get a lot more accomplished without the social distractions the internet causes. I only got the internet in my home last year and I know before that my art and poetry were MUCH more productive. My grades were probably also a bit better.

But without the internet I think I could survive on making phone calls, getting my news from the television, my music from the radio. Even, *gasp* using hand written letters to communicate with pen-pals overseas.
02-28-2013, 08:18 PM

Shopping would become more difficult and time consuming and I would lose this experience here. Having fewer means to communicate would not be an improvement nor increase in the quality of life; self expression is a need which when satisfied can save lives.
02-28-2013, 08:23 PM

It would make huge problems. But don't worry switch to Linux if you are paranoid about safety. Linux is very reliable and safe and free. And Ubuntu is a user friendly distro of Linux. But some web servers also use Linux.
02-28-2013, 08:25 PM

agree with mitdigitale, It would cause massive problems and headaches.