This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you feel you're entitled to cheap imports at the expense of your fellow Americans jobs?
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you feel you're entitled to cheap imports at the expense of your fellow Americans jobs?
If so then do you complain about paying your victims food stamps and/or other social services?
Wouldn't we be better off making union scale while demanding other nations manufacture under the same labor and environmental laws that we have to?
@Auntie: They're leaving because they can't exploit child labor and the environment here so our country lets them go to where they can. Christian nation my foot!
@ JS: Sadly our countries let them do it.
Shouldn't;t we be lifting third world nations up to our standards instead of going down to theirs?
@ Terry: Freedom for who. I know people that lost their houses because of an unfair market.
We pay a high price for cheap imports, i'e the loss of jobs, homes and the subsequent break up of families.
@ Someone: Why not demand that all imports meet of exceed our labor and environmental laws? Why allow others to have an unfair advantage? What next, slave labor?
As a matter of fact I have taken economics classes. When jobs are shipped overseas we lose tax revenue. Couple that with tax breaks and you have a recipe for an economic disaster.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:49 PM

I can afford to buy the expensive European imports.

Smile

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:57 PM

I feel the dollar was worth something back when international trade was de facto restricted.

Now it costs more to make either the penny or the nickel than either's respective face value.
02-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Yes, but I don't feel entitled. I am entitled to purchase whatever I want from whomever I want because of a little something called "individual liberty."

I am not richer or better off for having to relocate my hard-earned money over to someone else in this economy. The economy is not better off, either.
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

"...at the expense of your fellow American jobs?"

Why don't you open up your eyes and ask the bigger question; Why are corporations being driven out of America to begin with?

It's because of government and regulations. America, despite being the most innovative and technologically advanced country in the world, has the HIGHEST corporate taxes in the world!

Get rid of these regulations, get rid of these high taxes and manufacturing jobs will return to America.
02-28-2013, 08:10 PM

If a person with maybe five years of education making 4 dollars a day can replace them then that is the way it is
02-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Sure. If I had to pay for nothing but American made goods and products, I would starve. You would too.
02-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Unfortunately most Americans have no choice because almost everything available is from over seas!

I went to wash a load of Levis.Out of 7 pairs of jeans they came from 6 different countries!
02-28-2013, 08:33 PM

I may be entitled, but I try not to take advantage of that entitlement because I understand the correlation to a strong economy, jobs, and consumer behavior.

I also avoid voting for neoliberal/globalists, which pretty much knocks me out of voting for democrats and republicans.
02-28-2013, 08:36 PM

ISM: U.S. manufacturing continues to rebound - Apr. 2, 2012
money.cnn.com/2012/04/02/news/economy/ism-manufacturing/index.htmApr 02, 2012 · U.S. manufacturing continues to rebound By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney April 2, 2012: 10:38 AM ET. ... Advertise with Us; User Preferences; …