This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is the BBC obsessed with silly nonsense from America?
02-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Why is the BBC obsessed with silly nonsense from America?
Who in Britain actually cares whether a third rate singer mimed or sang that lot's national anthem?
And do they realise that morris dancing has more of a mass following here than American football?

So why give this stuff so much prominence? Are they receiving American funding to push American mass culture here? Or is it a case of anything for a freebie, even if it's only a trip to the Silly Superbowl?

Do the not so great and thoroughly bad at the Beeb need to be reminded that it's the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:50 PM

They are a bunch of homos

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:52 PM

LOL. That is refreshing. I can watch these shows and simply sneer at the presumptions of my interest in these beings when everyone knows you use those moments when they are singing or whatever it is they do to go to the bathroom or pour yourself a drink or grab another piece of pizza.

Such trivial annoyances make a few children happy . Let it go.
As for BBC, they should really know better
02-28-2013, 07:53 PM

I'm American and I think it's lame too, the things that qualify as "news" over here are just ridiculous. I did enjoy the Royal Wedding though. I wish we had more comedies like Mr. Bean and Benny Hill over here. I like to watch reruns of Absolutely Fabulous and Monty Python on BBC.
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Silly nonsense is relative.
The amount of money the Super Bowl generates is more shocking than silly.
02-28-2013, 08:01 PM

you should first worry about the muslims destroying your country
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM

No more obsessed than some people on here are in the fact that a singer lip synched to an awful rendition of Star Spangled Banner and if the gun laws in the USA are going to be changed or amended. It is of no interest to people in Britain to be honest and does not affect them either!!
02-28-2013, 08:14 PM

I agree, it is a huge fuss over nothing.

Both Whitney and Mariah have previously lip synced the National Anthem but no one grassed them up and / or they did a good job so most of the public could not tell.
02-28-2013, 08:15 PM

quite right....Clegg lip syncs to Cameron all the time
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM

I couldn’t believe it this morning when I saw this week old non-story rattling on, on the BBC. I turn over immediately to Al Jazera or RT. It makes my blood boil.

You know, I really can’t understand why this meaningless story has upstaged President Obama’s speech. I mean, nobody complains when Obama can’t remember his words and uses the cog notes from his teleprompter, never mind the fact that they’re not his words in the first place and that someone else wrote them i.e. one of his team of speechwriters. Maybe he’s just a better mime artist and nobody notices. Most US citizens don’t even realise that they have corpocracy lip syncing democracy ( or is it the other way round? ), never mind Beyonce.

Barack Obama's Complete 2013 Inauguration Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zncqb-n3z...page#t=70s

This poor guy can’t even mime.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXzgMdj5u...lpage#t=8s

… I dread the Boringbowl. I first heard it mentioned about three or four days ago and now they’ll spend the whole day today and tomorrow going on about it. Can’t wait ‘til Tuesday.

The best from the BBC News is yet to come. You’ll love this one. I was watching the BBC’s Newswatch yesterday. That’s like Points of View for the BBC news coverage and ‘the next big thing’ is that they’re maybe going to tailor the news to what fecking idiots watch on their tablets and iPhones over the next two or three years. The discussion was based around ‘ a cute cat stuck up a tree’ type nonsense. If the BBC wants to save some money, get rid of their iDent department and their 24hr news department like ITV did. I think that’s why we don’t see Paxman on Newsnight anymore. He’s not going to move to Manchester and is staying in London. And before I forget, I’m sick of stories about Apple and mentions of Twitter and Facebook. No, BBC, these things are not the future of the news, they won’t even be the future of the internet, so get back on track and dish up some interesting, informative, well researched and worthwhile journalism. Otherwise, close yourselves down and do us all a favour.