This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Cyrp_Yodac? My friend is trying to hack my facebook.?
02-28-2013, 08:01 PM
What is Cyrp_Yodac? My friend is trying to hack my facebook.?
Hi, My friend is trying to hack my facebook account by sending me a trojan that has a name called Cyrp_Yodac - this is what it says on my pc antivirus (trend micro).

I have not opened the file because i know its a virus I was wondering how I could get more information on this trojan.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Most companies ( like Trend Micro) have a support website ..
they keep a library or encyclopedia on all the identifications they make.

link below..
TM just says this is a generic detection. Not sure what exactly the payload is inside.. but the program was encrypted using "Yodas Encrypter".. which gets a lot of use by hacker-types for malicious software.
Nothing further.

* You are lucky that you caught this attempt - most good viruses don't get detected until a couple of months go by. You may want to report the attempt to Facebook or someone else of authority. If you do get hacked by anyone.. your page = your problem. If something illegal is posted, getting barred from Facebook will be the least of your troubles.

Ads

02-28-2013, 08:11 PM

Virus Name :Cryp_Yodac
Named By :Trend Micro
Known Aliases :Trojan.PWS.Spy.9251 (Dr.Web), Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.bfev (Kaspersky), TR/Spy.Agent.bfev (Avira), Trojan.Win32.Packer.Yoda1.3 (ep) (SunBelt), Generic.dx!sed (McAfee), Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.bfev (VirusBlokAda), Trojan.Generic.3783845 (BitDefender), Trojan:Win32/Comitsproc (Microsoft)
Full ListCharacteristics :(based on aliases)Trojan
Trojan horses may allow a hacker remote access to a target computer system, and perform various operations. The types of operations are limited by user privileges on target computer, which normally includes data theft, modification or deletion of files, keystroke logging, and use of machine as part of a botnet to perform mass spamming or to distribute Denial-of-service attacks.
Trojan horses can be installed through software bundling (included as part of a software application available downloaded from file sharing network), email attachments, instant-messaging network, websites containing executable content (such as ActiveX control), etc. It can also be self-replicated by spreading itself through the use of application exploits.
Trojan-Spy
This type of Trojan secretly installs spy programs and/or keylogger programs. Any password, bank account information, and other sensitive information can be stolen.
Malware designed mainly to steal passwords
This type of Trojan steals passwords and other sensitive information. It may also secretly install other malicious programs, such as keylogger. Stolen logins and passwords can allow an attacker to read user's email, access online banking accounts, etc.
Viruses written for specific platforms
The virus is designed to infect Windows 32-bit executable programs, and works in different Win32-environments.
Compressed "packed" files which contains malware
Being in a packed state reduces the size of the file, and also acts as a form of protection for the malware because its binary data will be altered. A packed file must be decompressed to its original state before it can be executed. Virus writers also commonly use a variety of packing techniques to prevent security programs from analyzing the file, including using multiple packers to compress the file.