This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i write a refutation paragraph?
02-28-2013, 08:24 PM
How do i write a refutation paragraph?
Im writing about the negative effects of the social media. I have the intro sentence but i dont know about the concrete detail. do i get a concrete detail about the counter argument or my argument. i dont know im very confused! please help! thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:32 PM

When you refute something, usually another person has written something or said something that you don't agree with. I know you said you have the intro sentence, but If I were doing this, here is how I would do it.

I read your column in the newspaper yesterday about the positive effects of social media. It was interesting, but not factually correct. Here are the facts.

Now you can simply list what you believe are the negative effects of social media. You don't have to say anything about what the other person said. It is assumed that what you are saying is opposite of what the other person has already said. That is why it is called refuting.

Good luck on it. You have chosen an interesting topic. (If it wasn't chosen for you)

Charles

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply