This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What will come after the social media frenzy?
10-12-2012, 08:10 AM
What will come after the social media frenzy?
What will online life be like after the social media frenzy? Let me know your thoughts, and references to other smart people's thoughts Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:19 AM

I'd like to answer your question, but I'm not sure what it is.

Ads

The social media frenzy will dissipate but not disappear. Social media is here to stay and will continue to evolve as we increase our computing power and digital infrastructure.

Social media is changing the way companies market their products. Television, radio, and even books and magazines (in digital format) will all have a social element in them. Everyone will be able to discuss, comment, learn and argue online via the social web. It is my belief that social networks will increasingly become interlinked and names like Twitter and Facebook will be different views and filters for the same social web. Online profiles will be as necessary as drivers licenses.

All good companies will recognize the importance of social media marketing and allocate appropriate resources.

The semantic web will develop and emerge as the content online becomes more understandable to computers. Online research will be able to be accomplished by a machine almost as easy as a human being.

Geo-locating social networks will mature and information online will be increasingly location specific. Imagine walking into your supermarket and getting a map of where everything is directly on your Iphone, along with a new coupon to thank you for being there four times this month (the technology already exists).

Eventually social historians will study the social web as a fantastic archive of the society we live in today. Imagine your great grandchildren reading your twitter posts in an ancestry.com like interface to find out what you were like. (The social web is currently being archived)

The future is increasingly connected and relevant information will be available easily and accurately.

Mobile social media