This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i keep others to send me messages o facebook?
03-01-2013, 02:24 AM
How can i keep others to send me messages o facebook?
So all I want to know is how can I keep non friends to send me messages on Facebook like when they see my profile the message button is disabled.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 02:32 AM

if you have the most updated facebook, next to the facebook home button at the top right of the page there's a little lock symbol and if you click it a drop menu will pop up called "privacy shortcuts". click on "who can contact me" and the first options that show are about messaging. hope that helped

Ads

You will have to set your privacy settings or block them as they come in. Once you block them they no longer can contact you. Individually blocking them is better than resetting your privacy preferences.

You can set your privacy settings to "Strict Filtering"

Strict Filtering
If you select Strict Filtering, you'll see mostly messages from friends in your inbox. Some messages from people you want to hear from may go to your Other folder.

Whichever filter you choose, you may sometimes get messages in your inbox from people you're not connected to. Some examples of when these messages may go to your inbox are:

-A friend of a friend includes you in a message along with some of your mutual friends
-A member of a group you're in messages you or includes you in a message
-A friend who isn't on Facebook uses your contact info to send you a message from the Facebook Messenger app