This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I major in Business or International Relations/Political Science?
10-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Should I major in Business or International Relations/Political Science?
Hello there!
I'm a current sophomore, and I am wondering whether I should pursue Business or International Relations/Political Science. My school requires juniors to take on internships, and if I want to pursue business, I will have to apply for a business internship in Singapore soon.
However, I'm not sure if this is the course I want to take yet. I love public speaking - I'm currently highly involved in my Model UN club (I'm treasurer) and I am doing very well in debate. I also love international affairs and issues, and I love debating about social/human rights issues.
If I go the PoliSci/International way, I will apply for an internship with my one of my state's representatives.

However, I know business is more promising career-wise, and I also wouldn't mind becoming a consultant - it's my dream business job.
The only things that are holding me back from pursuing Political Science/International Relations is that I know that there aren't many job openings on the market for this major, and that I feel like it is a highly competitive field to go into.

I just want to travel and see the world. Business is holding me back because of the many unethical practices I hear about in them, and I also want the opportunity to represent my country and carry on my passion for resolving human rights issues. I wouldn't mind doing business, but I'm wondering if I had a chance at International Relations/PoliSci.

Any insights? Comments? Advice?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:19 AM

If u like to travel, do international relations

Ads

Second

Majoring in International Relations can qualify you for government jobs, like the CIA who really wants people with degrees in that.