This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Being accused of vandalism in school?
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Being accused of vandalism in school?
Okay so one night, someone sneaked into the school compound and vandalized all the locks. Someone put glue in "all" the keyholes and tomorrow, the principals are going to have a meeting with me and my parents. At first, they said they caught me on Camera in which i repeatedly demanded them to show me the "evidence" but they won't show me until tomorrow. Also, the principals said that other people went up and told the administrators that it was me the vandalized the school. Do I have the right to confront or at least know who accused me of something that I didn't do? Because the principals won't tell me who accused me of the vandalism.
With what evidence? I wasn't there so get out. @Marcus

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 09:45 AM

"which i repeatedly demanded them to show me the "evidence"

DEMANDED? Not at this time do you get to face your accusers but in a legal setting, maybe. Given your "demand" comment I suspect they will hit Mommy and Daddy with the evidence and your asss will be prosecuted and you will be expelled.

They do not have to tell you anything at this point.

Ads

03-01-2013, 09:47 AM

Good thing your parents are going. In the real world there are normal laws, where yes they would have to show you the evidence and in a court of law you would know who had accused you. But this is school and they think they owe you while you are there. Hopefully your parents will be able to demand and get shown the tape and any other evidence they have.
03-01-2013, 09:54 AM

If you were not there then why are you worried and demanding just let the process go forward and if there is no evidence then there is no case against you. Your parents can always hire an Attorney to attend the meeting with you.
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM

If they talked to you and accused you without your parents being there, shows that they are going by what others may have told them, and what may or may not be on video.

So right now, you keep your mouth closed, and let your parents and their attorney(s) do the talking.

If you know for certain you were not part of what happened at school, all you have to do is get your alibi in order, time, place and witnesses as to your whereabouts, during the time of the "vandalized property", that was caught on tape.

So if for example you know that you were online or sending and receiving email/text messages (those will have time stamps), so keep all your text by phone, and computer for now.

If you were on the phone, same time, there will be time stamped records of that.

Facebook chatting, twittering, you get the picture, gather than info.

As far as the law goes, it is really up to them to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were the one likely person that did the deed. As for your demand, through your attorney (if it were me), what I would want, is a public apology and making your reputation whole (if that means money, so be it). Also if it were me I would be demanding that the law handle this vs the school system, since they can say they do not want this to go further and will want to just expel you vs pressing charges. I would say press away (if in fact I wasn't there).