This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think that I just got a computer virus?
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Do you think that I just got a computer virus?
I was on Facebook and one of the little ads on the side popped up. Usually when I click on these, they take me to company's Facebook page, but when I clicked on this one it took me to a page with a picture of a ninja or something and said "HACKED BY....." I didn't catch the whole name cuz I clicked off of it too fast. Could this have given me a virus or done something to my computer? What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM

If u still have Internet look up malwarebytes and download it then scan all drivers it will take awhile trust me also don't click on popups

Ads

03-01-2013, 10:03 AM

Scan your computer to find viruses with a good anti virus system, copy all of your data from C drive to the others, safe your files from the viruses first.
I think you should install a new copy of operating system viruses can create a bad sector on your hard drive if you think the speed of your computer is reduced and something is going wrong with your computer
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Probably this link led you to a hacked website. ( a legitimate website was hacked by someone). You could have gotten a virus. I would recommend scanning your computer with a legitimate anti-spyware software just in case. Choose from malwarebytes antimalware or superantispyware. Both are free and does a great job at detecting and removing spyware. Download links http://www.pcrisk.com/top-spyware-removers Download install and update before running a full system scan.
03-01-2013, 10:06 AM

personally you should download eset nod 32 anti virus an scan all your drives and then keep it enabled it would any virus crawling into your computer with out you taking any notice
03-01-2013, 10:16 AM

There's a chance you can get a virus when you click on any popup, so it's a good idea to just close them. If they are hard to close, just use alt-F4.

It sounds like some loser hacked the site you were directed to, and tagged it with his own little grafitti. That doesn't necessarily mean that you got a virus just by visiting the site.

But, to be sure, you might want to do a virus scan and a spyware scan with some of the good, free programs like Avira, Superantispyware, and Malwarebytes.
03-01-2013, 10:24 AM

You should never click on pop ups or banner ads. Most are malicious. Scan your machine with this. It's quick and it works. Hit Man Pro. http://www.surfright.nl/en

You need a pop up blocker to. If you have the fire fox web browser get the ad blocker plug in to go with it. For me it has blocked 100% of all ads.
03-01-2013, 10:26 AM

I think you can first use antivirus to scan your computer overview. Luckly Find virus and deleted it. If you want to block this pop-up ads. you can do like this:

Internet Explorer,
go to "Tools," "Internet Options..." and click on the "Privacy" tab. Click on the "Sites..." button, type the URL or address of the website you want to block in the space provided, click "Block" and click "OK" to confirm.

Google Chrome
Open Google Chrome. Click the tools button and select "Options." Click "Under the Hood." Check the box off that says "Notify me when a pop-up is blocked" and click "Close" to complete the process.

Firefox Browsers
On the "Tools" menu, click on "Options" and then go to the content tab on Firefox or the privacy tab on Internet Explorer. Check-mark the box "Block Pop-up Windows," and enter in specific websites that you do not want to block in the "Exceptions" area.
Open the Mozilla Firefox Web browser on your computer. Click the menu "Tools" and choose "Options."
Select the tab "Content" in the Option window. Check the box "Block pop-up windows" and click the button "OK."