This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I keep my school 1:1 iPad private?
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
How can I keep my school 1:1 iPad private?
The school has given each student from 7-9th grade a personal iPad to use for the year. (Upperclassmen get mac books) so now that we have them, we had to make an account through the school, blah blah blah yaddah yaddah. They made us install some certifacates on it as well. I want to know how to make my iPad as private as possible, delete the certificates? Any private browsers? free apps to help with this? Any suggestions are welcome. I'm not going to do anything bad, but i don't want my social netwrking accs. violated (Because the school loves to violate our accs).

Thanks Smile
i understand it's not reasonable to ask for privacy, but i would prefer it.
Hey, I'll just use facebook on my S3 if I have to but big screens are nice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 04:13 PM

you cannot get privacy with a publicly owned device. you will HAVE to use the school's server- which means they can access everything you look at, send, receive or download.
they GAVE you the devices for school use- and there is NO guarantee of privacy.

Ads

I'm pretty sure the school board admins set up some shit with user rights...then again, my school doesn't give us shit...the only thing we get is the ability to use a Dell in the IBCA class...although I do have an iPad, so I might be able to help you. Just email me or something...

The Onion browser may be considerably slower than Safari or any other browser, but anything you do within it is guaranteed to be completely private. You will have to access Facebook through their web interface rather than with the Facebook app. Here you go: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onion-br...96448?mt=8