This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I set up my own website page?
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
How can I set up my own website page?
I'm trying to have my own web page.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM

If you have money, buy a one from your Internet Service Provider...

If you dont have, try this site
http://www.freewebtown.com

Ads

yahoo has a great program called sitebuilder that is great its easy to use

Here you go
http://www.w3schools.com/
///

There are thousands of places to do this. If you want free hosting just go to google.com and do a search for "free web hosting" and start clicking away. If you want pay I'd recomment Yahoo's web hosting. The difference would be the support and quality of the service. If this is for you personally go free. If it's for a business pay the dues and get a good service.

Visit anything like Angelfire, Geocities, Yahoo 360 - do a search on free website hosting.

There are a number of options.

You could set up a page on a social networking site, like myspace. This would be the easiest way, since it is easy to set up, free, and highly customizable.

Next, if you wanted your own webpage, you could either buy a domain from a place like godaddy.com, or use a subdomain from a free hosting site. A domain is your URL or web address. For example, I could buy for about 9 dollars brandonscottjackson.com (domain). But for free, I could go to 110mb (my favorite free host) and get brandonscottjackson.110mb.com (a subdomain).

After you buy a domain, you will have to buy hosting. There are several places that offer free, ad-supported hosting, but I found out about this awesome place called 110mb.com yesterday that allows you to get free hosting without ads.

If you are looking for a good not-free host, yahoo is very good. There are several if you just search.

In order to actually build your page, there are a number of WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors out there to help you write it. Alternatively, try learning HTML+CSS. This will give you the most flexibility in the long run.

Good luck.