This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is hashtag? When is it used?
03-01-2013, 10:18 PM
What is hashtag? When is it used?
Why do people say hashtag blah blah blah? What does it mean and when is it used?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 10:26 PM

Its used in twitter its this sign #. They use it to help label there tweets.

Ads

It's the pound sign (#) and it's used popularly on twitter for trending topics.

hash tags allow ppl too search a tag and if you have used the hash tag they searched they can see your pictures and many other who tagged the same thing example #ootd means outfit of the day if you search that tag or click on someones tag you will go to a list full of picture of that tag via instagram

Hashtag is a thing that is most commonly used on social media sites like Twitter and Instagram. When someone posts a status saying "Just came back from the beach! #beach #water #fun", the words in front of the # are automatically tagged. On Instagram, you could click on the hashtag "water" and see all the hashtagged photos that have been taken. You could really hashtag anything.
There really isn't a point for hashtags; a lot of people only use them to get more followers by hashtagging specific words.
For example, lets say I post a picture of a flower, then before I post it, I hashtag "flowers". Someone who might be interested in flowers might see the picture, then follow me if they like it. Get it?
It's all kind of a complicated, teenage girl reference that has taken over social media in a negative way, as people take it far too seriously.