This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i help my mum please ?
03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
how can i help my mum please ?
Im here because i seriously need to help my mum . We don't have any insurance and my mum needs an urgent care as soon as possible .My mum visited her doctor 2 months ago and he explained that there is a big cyst ( 4 pounds weigh ) on her ovarian and also her stomac . He said there is a possibility that her cyst is cancer .He scheduled the operation 1 week after he visit and then he called her and he rescheduled earlier ( 3 days after her visit ) and he said because this cyst can erupt anytime and it can kill her plus it could be cancer !!!

anyway we called the hospital to know the details and the surgery cost was really high . we canceled everything . we tried to also admit her to parkland community hospitals but they denied her and all they have done delaying her for 2 whole months . We even tried to do insurance for her but they said she gonna wait 12- to 18 months .( preexisting insurance plan http://www.pip.gov)

All i can say that i feel really hopeless , my mum has been bleeding for 2 months , she lost 2 much weight since she hardly eat anything and she is in pain .
I feel so stressful and worried because if mum suffers from cancer , her cancer can grow and her case will get worser and i will loose her !!!
i wish i can find a person who is able to with her to her doctor again and go to the hospital and pay for her the operation .

i was thinking to go to people houses and explain to them my mum cases where they can help me with any amount using my donation box . But I'm just worried , i live in texas grand prairie and I'm not sure if it is legal to knock at people houses . i feel it is privacy invasion and what even worries me hat maybe it is against the law . so I'm just asking is it safe and legal to do it ?

Also i was thinking it might be easier to leave letter inside people mailboxes explaining my mum leaving my email so they can contact me .But I'm also wondering if this is considered ok ? or it can put to jail or something ?

and if you can help my mum and you are able financially or you know any person who is able financially please don't hesitate to mail me pure.sunshineforever@yahoo.com .
If you can help me to collect money for her please don't hesitate to contact me .
I believe too many good people are there and we are not alone !!!

Also please tell me if the ideas i was thinking of are safe ? or it can put me in troubles ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 11:48 PM

Contact the doctor who scheduled the surgery and ask him what if anything
can be done for her to get the surgery now. Assume he knew she lacked
coverage when he scheduled the original surgery. Contact the American
Cancer Society for answers. One difficulty with trying to collect money
on your own is that there are many stories of people claiming cancer as
a scam to make money which sounded as valid as your story, but they
weren't. Good luck getting the help your mother needs.

Ads

03-01-2013, 11:48 PM

I remember this being posted some time ago. I'm so sorry your mom isn't well.

My advice would still be the same. Indigent programs are available. She should apply for assistance through the State's Medical Welfare program. http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/cihcp/default.shtm There's no need to cancel the surgery. Have her doctor give her a referral for this program. For any remaining amount hospitals have reduced fees and payment plans for those without insurance and/or unable to pay.

United Way First Call For Help http://www.unitedway.org lists local community resources for those in need. Check every link available and contact churches and community centers. You may find a church willing to do a fundraiser or "adopt" your family. Getting help in any area would allow you to save money to put towards medical expenses.

Go the fundraising route. Requesting donations on social media sites with a yahoo email address for payment isn't a good game plan. For example: In Yahoo!Answers soliciting for money is in violation of community guidelines. Instead of using an email address which is not secure and presents the way many scams do, try Go Fund Me http://www.bing.com/search?q=fundraising...-SearchBox

Her employer or another family member's employer will likely have an human resource benefit called the Employee Assistance Program (called EAP or EAR). A confidential toll-free number would be in the employee handbook or on the employment posters (next to the poster about minimum wage, etc.) usually in a breakroom, cafeteria, or in the payroll or human resource department. Call the number to get help in researching for resources and to see if the employer has emergency funding available.

Try contacting local news media like new papers or tv stations to see if they will do a short special interest story about the difficulty of the medically needy using your mom's situation to highlight the issue. Lots of people need medical help so unless your mom has researched and applied for all the options Texas has available to the medically needy and fallen through the cracks, her situation may not be newsworthy in comparison to other daily events.

By the way, it is not legal to put things inside a mailbox that haven't been mailed or are hand delivered.

Stress management http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the-phy...editation/

Please press forward with the medical programs available in Texas for the needy. Get reasons for denials in writing and appeal every one of them.

Best to your mom, you and your family during these difficult times.