This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you know if someone rejects your request for friendship in Facebook?
03-02-2013, 04:32 AM
How do you know if someone rejects your request for friendship in Facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 04:40 AM

There isn't any option to check whether someone rejected you or not. You need to just guess on the basis of delay in adding you on his list.

Ads

03-02-2013, 04:40 AM

facebook does not notify users of this, you would just know if you never get a notification of them accepting your friend request, would still say "friend requested" if you visit their profile and if it goes back to "add friend" it means they have actually clicked "decline" on your friend request, but you are still not notified because facebook wants to highlight positive aspects rather than the negative, ie. friend request rejections and unfriendings. There are apps to find this out but most of these apps are complete bullshit so don't count on it. There are other ways of finding out, if they happen to be friends of one of your friends and you see the said person post on your friends wall after you sent the request, or you check their page later, their settings are set to public/friends of friends and you see their latest update, etc etc, means they have logged in and were active on facebook but have igonred your friend request.

Can I give a word of advice: in future I wouldn't worry too much about things like that anyway, anyone who doesn't want you in their life, doesn't like you and doesn't want to be your friend whether on facebook or in real life for that matter is not worth stressing over, they can go and fuck themselves!! fuck the haters!!! there are many fish in the sea and I'm sure you will meet tons of other people and make great friends, maybe count yourself lucky, the one that didn't want to be friends might not have turned out to be much of a good friend anyway, maybe its better that way. Especially on facebook, some people just accept friend requests from people they don't like, out of politeness and I think thats quite sad, takes the meaning of "friend" away and its actually quite two faced, at least there's a bit more honesty when someone who doesn't like you ignores your friend request. Why stress over getting more facebook friends anyway, it just adds to the nonsense in your newsfeed, I myself have only 100 something friends and I'm happier that way, meaning I see the newsfeed of the people I actually am interested in/care about. Why even want more friends in real life for that matter, just adds to the headache, fallings out, personality/interest clashes, etc, more phone calls etc, all just turns into a lot of "noise", less friends sometimes means less bullshit, sometimes you need to be happy on your own!!! So to sum up, fuck anyone who doesn't want you, focus on the ones that do and sometimes value your own space and see the positive things which come out of something negative!!!