This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just started a band and someone just threw out a crazy idea.?
03-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Just started a band and someone just threw out a crazy idea.?
So me and my pals just started this band like a month ago xD so we aren't really started just playing around but we were driving around town in our can and our singer said hey guys if we ever got a record deal we should make were the record could only be sold in a legit music store like that all they sell and concerts places like wal wart couldn't sell and you wouldn't be able to bit the record off of iTunes (like people do that anyways). They also said they wouldn't want really any Internet connection with the music no YouTube Facebook twitter myspace tumblr nothing. And everyone jump on to the freaking hipster band weagon idea. Aren't they crazy as hell?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 04:44 AM

They are crazy, hell isn't crazy because it doesn't exist

Ads

If they really feel like that you should save the time and break up now.

There are a lot of big musicians that held out on that idea. Madonna and the Beatles didn't offer their catalogs on itunes for years... Even titans of music caved.

Local bands can make decent money... but only through the internet. I'll go to an occasional show, but Id never know about them if I didn't "Like" bands that people I knew were in. Posters at the community bulletin board at the mall doesn't get as much exposure as facebook and twitter.

And hipsters live on social networking. A hipster idea never neglects instagram