This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I download files without getting virus into my computer??
03-02-2013, 07:08 AM
How can I download files without getting virus into my computer??
I installed some virus protections into my computer but it still does not work.I think nowsaday virus are really strong!!!I also don't know which websites I can trust.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Use McAfee Virus Scan 8.0. Its the best antivirus I have ever used. It does not slow down system. Daily automatic updates. and never allows any software having virus to download on the system. Try it and you will remember me forever.

Ads

1. Be careful WHERE you download from. (ANY site can have viruses and/or 'other' things, but the ones that have 'public' uploads, like MySpace, Facebook, 'Blogs', etc. are the most likely to have these things. ALSO some 'torrent' sites could easily have 'hidden' thngs in the downloads.)
2. NEVER install "run" directly from a website, ALWAYS save. (Set up a file folder and download EVERY download into it.)
3. Use a 'real-time' virus scanner. (I use AVAST and have never had a virus problem.)
4. Scan the file AGAIN, BEFORE moving it from the 'download' folder, or installing if it is an application.

NOTE: AVAST does NOT intercept ad-ware and/or spyware, you need one of those also. AVAST is FREE for home use, and just wants you to register so they know how many are using it!

I have Mcafee with my internet provider...I agree with the other answerer that it is a very good protector. If you dont wont to pay for it MICROSOFT had many downloads that dont cost anything... In addition, other free ones are AVG and AD-AWARE SE.. These are for spyware. Just enter that names in your web browser and go from there. Other free anti-virus are AVAST and bitdefender... Remeber only ONE anti virus at a time..If u have more than one they will conflict with one another. You can have more than one spyware protector....good luck..

Dont download binaries and executables.. (files with extension exe,dll,ocx etc..)

install Anti-virus and regularly update your AV's virus signatures.

Most websites are safe to download from.

Most peer-to-peer (P2P) software programs such as Limewire, that people use to illegally steal music, movies, and software, without paying for them, will give you viruses, trojans, worms and other malware from the downloads that you get from them.