This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it ok to work on internet without using anti-virus for several days?
03-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Is it ok to work on internet without using anti-virus for several days?
my anti virus kaspersky needs update and i have to buy a new one but for the meanwhile am busy. so can i work safely on internet without using anti virus for several days? By the way, i mostly use facebook, Msn, hotmail, and google. Oh and yahoo will it be dangerous?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 08:04 AM

Yes, you'll probably be fine. Be careful opening email attachments and look out for websites forcing you to download things.

If you don't want to buy new antivirus then google for AVG. There's a free version available from their website.

Ads

I wouldn't work on the internet without anti-virus and anti-malware since theres people out there who like to be "funny" and mess with peoples computers etc.

yep, just don't go anywhere new or download things that arent from trusted people.

No, it's not safe. Even during normal browsing, you can accidentally come into contact with viruses on sites that you would normally think are safe from ads and other things.

^ What he said.

AND do NOT visit any sites you don't know and trust. Even then it's not really a good idea. Get some Antivirus protection running again STAT!

If you are using internet than you should have anti-virus software. You no need to buy new anti-virus you can update your anti-virus online. I think you are using some social media sites so you must use the anti-virus software

Get Avast: the freeware version installs in about the time it takes to read all the answers to your question.
http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

When you search for articles on Google your computer can be infected, your browser highjacked, so it is recommended to use an antivirus such as Avira, Panda Cloud Antivirus or anything else. You can accidentally open a spam email, an infected attachment, get viruses from instant messengers, attacked by hackers, tracked by malicious cookies, it doesn't worth.

Hey, it should be fine just make sure you becareful opening up mailSmile