This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think the girl i've been talking to online is fake, how should i react?
03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
I think the girl i've been talking to online is fake, how should i react?
I've been talking to a girl online and we've agreed to meet up. She cancelled the first date. She has been saying how much she likes me and how much she has fallen for me, and honestly I feel the same. However there are some inconsistencies with the things she has said, and she is not on facebook or twitter. She is also miles out of my league in terms of looks. We talk for hours and hours at a time online and through texting. I guess I'm asking could it be someone pranking me like what happened to Manti Te'o, am I being paranoid and how should I react if my suspicions are correct? I fear I will be so angry I will do something stupid like find and beat the culprit or just do something stupid to myself. I've invested a lot emotionally as you can probably tell

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 08:26 AM

You should never talk to girls over the internet. I know they may look good and stuff but you have to be very careful! You should only talk to girls that are near you. Most long distance relationships don't last or someone cheats on the other.

Ads

forget about her..nothing so hard LOL..that u r bitting ur self up for...ask her if she could skype with u?

I think the only thing you can do to make sure she isnt fake. And thats to actually hear her voice. So skype with her. But since shes a girl who makes a lot of excuses. Make a skype account for her so she can't say anything like "I dont have a skype account".
And if she still doesn't skype. Then I'd find someone else

Good luck.

Ask her to skype!

This is why you need to be careful who you speak to online. I would think there must have been some red flags that you missed. I can understand how you'd be angry if it wasn't true... However, you'd also need to remember who talked to this girl online... You. Just let her go now... And it will ware off. If your correct, report it to the person or persons who run the site you're on.

You have to be really careful with talking to people online. For me, it paid off and I ended up in a relationship with the guy for over a year, but you hear of so many horror stories! The fact that you can't verify her on a social networking site is a bit worrying in my mind as almost everyone has at least one profile. You could ask to skype, or get her to write something on a piece of paper and send a picture with her face in the shot too (usually a name but you might want to try and be subtle about this). Good luck, hope it isn't a scam!

If it's a fake picture, the most likely scenario is she's real, but not that attractive. Have you asked her to skype? That would be hard to fake, and you can find out the truth before you invest any more time and especially any travel. If that's the case, I'd hope you'd be gentle and understanding about it because it came from a place of fear and insecurity and you'd be hurting someone who most likely genuinely cares about you. If it's a prank, they sure have spent a lot of time on it; I guess maybe that could be fun but I kinda doubt it. Overall just hope for the best; prepare for the worst and remember you're dealing with a human being one way or the other. Good luck.

she could have a boyfriend and doesn't want you to know...
i think you should just leave it alone... just to be safe and to protect yourself and you sanity.

skype and see if she is real.. Idk what else to tell you because all the other answers have already said what i was going to say.. but PLEASE be careful when you're online.. there are alot of people pretending to be people they aren't these days.. and don't sell yourself short saying that you are miles out of her league in terms of looks.. I bet you're a really sweet guy and that's whats really important.. Good luck bud! Smile