This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What types of classes (or degree/certification) can I add to my B.S. in Marketing?
10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
What types of classes (or degree/certification) can I add to my B.S. in Marketing?
I graduated 6 years ago with a B.S. in Marketing. The field has changed so much from the traditional methods I was trained in and has finally reached the digital age.

My goal is to work in Marketing Communications, but I'm finding that my experience just doesn't cut it. Companies are looking for team members who can build a website, design graphics, be a social media expert, design, create and print marketing materials, etc.

I am well-aware of the various social media methods, but I'm not a pro as I do not understand the methodology behind creating a "social media marketing plan". Where can I learn this stuff? Is there a class or certification program in West Michigan?

I have no idea how to design a website unless it's one of those easy template styles you can do online. I'm considering going back to college. Any solid advice would be great.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Job searching can be a tricky job in itself, especially if you're not used to it. I was having a hard time with my job searching during the last couple of weeks until I uncovered the site in the box below website which has some superb tips and tricks for job searchers. After following their techniques for a month or so I netted myself a superb job.

Ads

10-12-2012, 08:22 AM

My minor for my BS was Business Marketing. I'm getting my EBMS (Entertainment Business Master of Science) and I felt that these classes were helpful and may help you:
Internet Marketing
Mobile Media Marketing
Business Finance
Economics