This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I go to this interview that I'm going to have tomorrow?
03-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Should I go to this interview that I'm going to have tomorrow?
I'm going to an interview at an auto dealership where I've had nothing but troubles in when I first bought my car. Long story short, it started with weeks of fighting with a particular salesman and after weeks of going nowhere, I wrote a bad review on Yelp and the man got fired shortly after.

He was my dad's friend and he's still mad that I got his friend fired. My mother, on the other hand, is scared for my life if I go because she finds it odd that they are even interested in interviewing me after what happened and is scared that they're planning to retaliate with fists, knives, and guns.

I'm just desperate for better employment which is the only reason why I'm even considering going anyways. But thinking about this is giving me second thoughts. I want to see what others think.
Jonathan Idk - What's funny is that I didn't. I originally applied for a Toyota dealership, and since the guy owns the Honda dealership (the one I had problems with), they need guys at the Honda dealership and lo and behold, I'm scheduled for an interview there.
A Hunch - I live in a predominately White location. I'll stick out like a sore thumb for sure.
And last time I checked (on their Facebook page) the staff hasn't changed much. It's still the same people for the most ones, minus the one I got fired.
And no, my name is VERY UNCOMMON, so they will recognize me for sure if they do a search.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 06:09 PM

Umm.. Why did you apply there lol? But anyways, you should still go.. Jobs are kinda hard to get now a days. Just be careful and watch out for anything suspicious.

Ads

i would reconsider a job like that too. But until you have a definite reason, or even a slight hint that they're "cornering" you should be taken account for. Do your job and your job only, at the same time dont trust no one. But when you mention employment desperation I would take in in a heartbeat. Good luck, hope everything turns out great.

They may have had problems before, but if they're interviewing you tomorrow they must have over looked that and probably respect the way you handled yourself. Plus they won't attack you im sure they want to keep their jobs and not go to jail. Stay positive and that's all that will show .

you should go and you should not be afraid

Do you really think that they are smart enough to figure out the guy on the resume is the same guy that did the yelp review???

Maybe when you show up in their showroom, but not now while you are just a name on the resume.

From the posts in the LA world - aren't looking for "professional" employment so there is no need to do a linked in - who do you know, at this point. Employers don't really pay attention to "names" until they want to hire you and then they will search social media. And don't you have a common Hispanic surname?