This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i get a new laptop or not?
03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Should i get a new laptop or not?
i have a dell inspiron 1545 and cant decide whether to get a new laptop. iand hoping to go to uni. Is my laptop good or should i upgrade to a newer one.it can be a bit slow sometimes. if so what one should i get. i will be using it to do coursework/ homeowrk on and just checking facebook and stuff like that

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM

Definitely stay away from the dell of hell X) go with either HP or EMachines.

Ads

03-03-2013, 01:17 AM

If all you're really doing is homework, facebook, web browsing... that laptop is totally fine. The only thing you might miss out on with that laptop would be gaming. If you're not into gaming on a PC anyhow, then you're really not going to get much out of an upgrade now. Ride that one until until it dies, and replace it when it quits on you.

That said, for full disclosure, I'm totally bitter against Dell as a brand. I've had two Dells, they both died young. My wife and stepdaughter both had Dells, they both died young. When I say died, I mean motherboard failures that would cost as much or more than the cost of buying a new replacement. I've since replaced everything with Acer's and Asus over the last 3-4 years, and havent had a single problem with any of them!

If your laptop now is running slow on you, invest some time cleaning out some old trash... old programs you no longer use, browser add-ons, that sort of thing. Check what programs are loading automatically at startup. Often times it'll bog down with updater apps, like Java or iTunes, that hog up resources until you kill them off.