This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you noticed the trend of people supposedly getting offended by ads or what have you?
03-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Have you noticed the trend of people supposedly getting offended by ads or what have you?
Like the whole Jamaican accent ad thing, Joe Flacco saying retard, and Taco bell anti-vegetable ad for example. I doubt any actual Jamaicans, mentally challenged, or vegetarians took offense. Sometimes they take whatever one or two fools on twitter said and think that whole group actually feels that way. They're writing these articles to cause controversy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 02:32 AM

Actually there was some article that said that Jamaicans found the ad funny. We are turning into a PC nation gone berserk.

Ads

No, I haven't. I've kind of noticed people who are "offended" by such ads usually don't belong to the group that supposedly would take offence. This is a somewhat less violent version of "if it bleeds, it leads" (meaning "if a story is negative - even if we have to make it that way - we, the media, will make it into an issue").

i think the jamaican thing is just white ppl taking offense tbh.
retard idk
anti veggies lmfaoooooo vegetarians especially vegans are drama queens.
u know that joke? how do you know if someones a vegan? don't worry, they'll tell you.