This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Facebook making me prove my identity?
03-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Why is Facebook making me prove my identity?
These past few days i have been trying to log onto Instagram, Facebook, Words With Friends, etc. and they are all connected to facebook, which is asking me to prove my identity. They want me to send them a picture of a government issued ID. i have no problem doing that, but i want to know what is going on, and why is it asking me to do that. i am not underaged, not doing anything illegal or wrong, so im confused. Also is there a way to get around it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 03:59 AM

It's for yours and their security to ensure the account is in good condition. They usually do if there is suspected activity.

Ads

They did because facebook may unnecessarily think that you might have done something wrong like sending friend request to wrong person etc.. They also do if other reported abuse to your email address or your pictures,comments etc.. To get around summit ID. If you don't want to submit make a new email address and use facebook.
Facebook don't want security holes so they don't even want to leave traces so your account was locked. In this case facebook is wrong Tongue.

This is for your security. You will need to provide proof that you are who you say you are. until you provide proof and it is verified by Facebook, your account will remain locked

All answers so far are wrong.

You did nothing wrong, of you'd of been sent warnings and punishment information.

If you were hacked you'd be able to go through the quick process to confirm yourself with email and security questions and get back up and running.

I am also locked for a week. I and thousands others seem to be locked and those who send the ID even a week going by with no information or anything.

It seems they are randomly picking accounts to force to do this and so far no idea how long if ever they are keeping people locked out. Whoever is reading this should be prepared to soon or one day not have access to your account and possible never able to login again. At the very least if it happens you'll be waiting atleast a week (since this all began Jan 19th) and nobody who it's happened to so far has reported being able to get back in yet.

There is no help or information officially why this is going on. And for some reason news agencies are behind the ball or not reporting on this.